Nebraska Labor Law Poster Updates
All businesses with employees in Nebraska are required by state & federal employment laws to post Labor Law Posters in a visible location. Employment laws change often, which require labor law posters to be updates. Below includes past & most recent mandatory labor law updates which require employers to post the latest version of these posters.
Mandatory change(s) for the state of Nebraska
Nebraska Minimum Wage-Revised with new minimum wage rate of $10.50 per hour effective January 1, 2023 and added future rates for 2024, 2025, and 2026. *2023 Poster is shipping now.
Unemployment Insurance-Revised with updated instructions for filing all claims for unemployment benefits online and also an updated website URL for filing claims.
Nebraska Minimum Wage-Updated to reflect new 2015 minimum wage rate of $8.00 per hour, effective January 1, 2015. Also includes the 2016 minimum wage rate of $9.00 per hour, effective January 1, 2016.
Discrimination-Updated with revision to Title 219 Chapter. Changes include revised guidelines on receiving unemployment compensation.
|02/2013||Nebraska Minimum Wage-Updated the Wage and Hour address and logo.|
|02/2013||Unemployment Insurance-Includes new claimants availability/work search requirements section updated contact information and logo was updated.|
|02/2010||Discrimination-Content and contact information including change of website.|
|11/2006||Employers' Reinstatement Liability-|
Mandatory federal change(s)
|10/2022||EEOC Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal-Revised to use plain language and bullet points to summarize the laws for employees. Added a QR code that links to instructions on how to file a charge of workplace discrimination. This new version replaces the old Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster.|
|07/2016||Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) - Federal Minimum Wage-Update includes new regulation revisions as of August 2016 which includes text regarding nursing mothers and overtime rules.|
|07/2009||Wyoming Minimum Wage-The federal minimum wage reflects $7.25.|
EEOC Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal (Updates and Replaces EEO is the Law Poster) - Updated 10/2022-Addition of Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA) Regulation.
The Uniformed Services Employment and Re-Employment Rights Act (USERRA)-Added the Office of Special Counsel to the poster and modified existing text to incorporate the new office information.
Nebraska Labor Law Poster Posting Requirements:
- Minimum Wage (NE Statutes, 48-1205) The full-color, easy-to-read Nebraska Complete Labor Law Poster lets you conveniently display mandatory information regarding minimum wage in the workplace. Simply display the poster in a conspicuous location.
- Job Safety and Health Notice (NE Statutes, 48-446) Safety in the workplace is a top priority, and you are mandated to display key information regarding job safety and health notices. The Nebraska Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information clearly, and in an organized manner.
- Discrimination (NE Statutes, 48-1121) Discrimination in the workplace is illegal. You must inform all employees and management of their obligation to avoid and prevent discriminatory behavior and actions. The Nebraska Complete Labor Law Poster has a clear anti-discrimination notice, reminding all employees and management of their legal obligation to keep the workplace free of discrimination.
- Unemployment Insurance Your employees must be provided with summarized information regarding their unemployment insurance rights and benefits. The Nebraska Complete Labor Law Poster displays this information for all employees to view/review as necessary.
- Nebraska No Smoking Poster Smoking is not allowed in the workplace, except for specific designated areas. The Nebraska Complete Labor Law Poster notifies all employees and visitors that your workplace is smoke-free.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $6.55 an hour to $7.25 an hour, effective July 24, 2009. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.