Michigan Labor Law Poster Updates
All businesses with employees in Michigan are required by state & federal employment laws to post Labor Law Posters in a visible location. Employment laws change often, which require labor law posters to be updates. Below includes past & most recent mandatory labor law updates which require employers to post the latest version of these posters.
Mandatory change(s) for the state of Michigan
Michigan Minimum Wage-Revised with new minimum wage rate of $9.87 per hour effective January 1, 2022 and the 2023 minimum wage information. Also added information explaining the basis for increasing the minimum wage. *2022 Poster is shipping now.
Michigan Minimum Wage-Revised to clarify minimum wage for 2021 as well as a new acting director and new revision date.
|01/2020||Unemployment Compensation-Revised with new ways to file as well as some minor clerical changes.|
|01/2019||Michigan Minimum Wage-Revised to include new 2019, 2020, and 2021 minimum wages as well as the new governor and director names.|
|01/2019||Paid Medical Leave Act-Completely new poster added with information about sick leave coverage, accrual and usage.|
|03/2017||Discrimination-Updated with redesign of poster, including a new department logo and a requirement for persons with a disability needing accommodations for employment to notify their employers in writing within 182 days.|
|10/2016||Michigan Minimum Wage-Updated to reflect new 2017 minimum wage rate of $8.90, effective January 1, 2017.|
|12/2015||Michigan Minimum Wage-Updated to reflect new minimum wage rate of $8.50 per hour, effective January 1, 2016.|
|09/2015||Occupational Safety and Health Protection-Updated with new guidance on workplace injury reporting timeline to MIOSHA, new street address for MIOSHA and other minor changes.|
|07/2014||Michigan Minimum Wage-Updated to reflect new 2014 minimum wage rate of $8.15, effective September 1, 2014.|
|11/2011||Michigan Minimum Wage-Wage Deviation deleted.|
|11/2010||Michigan Minimum Wage-Public Act 154, of 1964, Newly added poster.|
|04/2009||Michigan Minimum Wage-Reflects new minimum wage rate of $7.25 per hour effective July 24, 2009 Updated logos and other content.|
|02/2008||Right to Know Law-Minor division and logo changes.|
Mandatory federal change(s)
|10/2022||EEOC Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal-Revised to use plain language and bullet points to summarize the laws for employees. Added a QR code that links to instructions on how to file a charge of workplace discrimination. This new version replaces the old Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster.|
|07/2016||Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) - Federal Minimum Wage-Update includes new regulation revisions as of August 2016 which includes text regarding nursing mothers and overtime rules.|
|05/2015||Wyoming OSHA - Health and Safety Protection-Updated to reflect an employees right to report work-related injuries and illnesses free from retaliation.|
|07/2009||Wyoming Minimum Wage-The federal minimum wage reflects $7.25.|
EEOC Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal (Updates and Replaces EEO is the Law Poster) - Updated 10/2022-Addition of Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA) Regulation.
|11/2008||The Uniformed Services Employment and Re-Employment Rights Act (USERRA)- Added the Office of Special Counsel to the poster and modified existing text to incorporate the new office information.|
Michigan Labor Law Poster Posting Requirements:
- Minimum Wage Law (NEW) (MCLA 408.391) Your employees have the right to access summarized information regarding the minimum wage rate and associated key details. The full-color and easy-to-read Complete Michigan Labor Law Posters allow you to display this information in a conspicuous location so that your employees remain informed, and your company remains compliant.
- Safety and Health Protection on the Job (MCLA 408.1011) Ensuring employee health and safety is your top priority, and Michigan law obliges you to inform employees of the protections and obligations under MLCA 408.1011. The Complete Michigan Labor Law Posters clearly and conveniently provide this information.
- Right to Know (MCL 408.1014j) You're required under Michigan law to inform employees of the location of the material safety data sheets for any hazardous chemicals produced/used in the workplace, and the company representative from whom they can get those sheets. The Complete Michigan Labor Law Posters provide this information in a clear, full-color and easy-to-read format.
- Whistleblower Protection Act (MCLA 15.368) The Complete Michigan Labor Law Posters keep you complaint with Michigan law, which requires you to keep all employees informed of their protections and obligations under the Whistleblower Protection Act.
- Youth Employment Standards Act (MCLA 409.113(l)) Employing youth workers obliges you to follow the rules and obligations contained in the Youth Employment Standards Act. The Complete Michigan Labor Law Posters allow you to post these rules in a conspicuous location.
- Wage Deviation Any handicapped employees being paid less than minimum wage in alignment with their productivity must be able to access information regarding their rights, obligations, and rules of employment. The Complete Michigan Labor Law Posters provide this information in a clear, organized and complete fashion.
- Discrimination Notice Michigan law prohibits discrimination in the workplace. The Michigan Complete Labor Law Poster clearly notifies all employees of this law, and helps you keep your workplace complaint.
- Unemployment Insurance You're required under Michigan Law to provide summarized information regarding unemployment insurance rights, obligations and benefits. The Michigan Complete Labor Law Poster provides this information and allows you to post it in a conspicuous location for all affected employees to review.
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR 516.4) Federal law requires that you post information with respect to the federal minimum wage increases from $6.55 an hour to $7.25 an hour, effective July 24, 2009. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location.
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) You are mandated by federal law to provide information regarding the rights, benefits and obligation of employees who are governed by the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Post this information in a conspicuous location.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Per federal law, employees have specific rights and protections accorded to them under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. You must inform employees of their rights under the act. Ensure that you post this information in a conspicuous location. Be aware that under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty of up to $10,000 may be assessed against you for violating any provision of the Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Your employees must be informed of their rights under federal equal employment laws. Ensure that you post this information in a prominent and accessible location.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) You must post information informing employees of their rights and protections per the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous location, accessible by all employees.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) You must display clear, summarized and accurate information regarding your employees' rights and protections under the Federal Occupational Health and Safety Act. Display this information in a conspicuous location, and ensure that it is not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.